Monday 28 July 2008

BALIlast day

BALIday 7 260708

Morning people…the sun was shining bright on our last day in Bali. I woke up really early for the first time in Bali because I had some last minute shopping to do. I bounced off to wake up Elis and Natrah in the next room and in a few minutes we were already at the breakfast table. Both Tahirah and Natrah did not feel up to it today to swim in the sea, so it was just me and Elis who with excited faces ran to the beach. Just our luck, this guy offered to teach us how to surf for a good price and we jumped at the deal. I was still having a bit of a phobia from my days during wakeboarding. I fell a lot during the first few tries, but in the end, I finally got to surf which was cool because I had always wanted to surf….finally!

THE CLIMAX OF MY STAY IN BALIà

I WENT BUNGee JUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I told you before I am really afraid of heights, and here I was, 45 m high up in the sky, the jump of my life. We went to Club 66, AJ HACKETT, the guy who actually founded the sport of bungee jumping. I was the last one to go up, I had to do it! No matter what, I had to face my ultimate fears!!! The total cost of one jump is nearly RM 400 (which my dad was fussing about when I told him) (after the jump, of course). The ride up was extremely SLOW… I could see the human beings down there getting smaller and smaller until they only dotted the land that I saw. When I reached the TOP, my heart started racing and I wish that I did not have to do it. The instructor fastened the ropes on my small feet, it looked so flimsy compared to the jump that I had to do. I was damn scared!!!! The instructor said some comforting words (which were not enough), counted from 5 to 1, and I had to jump on my own. I took a deep breath, looked straight towards the ocean, and dived down like crazy!!!! I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** reminder to self---- I am still alive, even after the craziest thing I have done in my life --- if I can do bungee jumping, I can do anything!!! BRING IT ON!!!!! Woo hooo!!!!!!

The night stretched out not long enough, and at 11.30 pm, we were all on our way back to Jakarta……Now I am safe and sound in Malaysia…..I am dark, and I plaited my hair…I look like a nigga….huhuhu….thank you for reading my updates on Bali…don’t forget to tune in next week about my travels to Canada….

XOXO---the crazy gurl who jumped 45m from the ocean….

No comments: