Saturday 6 February 2010

One step at a time, baby..one step at a time



Again, i started yesterday, very focused indeed since my last post was on focusing on certain things. Class only started at 1, so my focus span was reachable. I still have not finished my thesis though, since i did not really focus on doing it last night. I keep watching tv before i go to sleep nowadays, and sleep while the idiot box is still making noise, the study lamp is on, the laptop is oozing with brightness, and my cat, erm, my cat is doing somthing to my teddy bear,sleeping above.. (ps: you really don't want to know what he did to the bear..but one of these days, i would share the video(s)..

Recently, i started on this routine of looking better after myself. My
Ustazah once told me, (heyy,whats with the look??=P)Anyway, my religious teacher once told me, when i was a kid, that, he things you do everyday, that contribute to your well-being, is a duty, but when you do the same thing, sincerely, in the name of Allah, you will be rewarded more than a duty.

So, in the name of this next step, i have decided to do some simple things that you may think is nothing, but to me, they affect me alot.

step numero uno = WHAT YOU EAT IS WHAT YOU ARE

- i have started cooking for myself lately, even though i'm not a fantastic cook that is. But it just feels great to know that your own clean hands are the ones at work. The hands that feed you, are your own. True to the sayings that, what you eat is what you are, I have now added more nutricious things to my daily meal, which once had only consisted of AYAM SAKE (which i am addicted to), gorengan from the canteen, and some yucky ordered food,which i stuff down my throat for the sake of eating.
- Now, my daily dose of diet consists of lots of fruits (jatos sells fruits too expensively=/), lots of vege, and oh yeahh, BROWN RICE! My friend, Irika is doing a thesis on brown rice, and i hope her results are that it does affect the cholesterol levels, meaning that it lowers it (oh please do!!).. Brown rice is supposed to be much healthier, and you know what, it seriously does not taste that bad. Wait, did you think i was on a diet?? No, my dears, im merely on a path to being a wholesome, healthier me!!(haha)
- Then, i have been trying to cut down my weakness for everything sweet. I could die out of my hunger pangs for sweet things, literally! By the by, i have to tell you a secret, jeng3! My triglyceride level is above normal, supposed to be some genetic malfunction. So, i really have to be careful in what i eat and what i do. But, God sent me down on earth with some sweet tooth, and i have been savouring sweet stuff ever since! So, what i am doing now, is to cut down in ordering ES TEH MANIS or any other sweet drinks, and since i am cooking myself,it is easier. One more thing, i am trying to cut down on the KICAP and the SOS which even though tastes good, are one of the culprits of a bad diet.
- ** Have you ever heard of the saying, that the chef of the food that you eat, also influences who you are. For example, if he prays a lot or if the person is good, the food that you eat is more blessed. I do not know whether that is true, but, as i said, what you eat, in the end eventually becomes who you are.

(i kind of feel like i am writing one of those health posters you see at the clinic, omaiigatt)

Daripada Anas r.a. pula, katanya, Rasulullah s.a.w. bersabda,

"Sesungguhnya Allah itu nescayalah redha pada seseorang hambaNya, jikalau ia
makan sesuatu makanan lalu memuji kepada Allah kerana adanya makanan itu, atau
minum suatu minuman lalu memuji padanya kerana adanya minuman itu."

(Riwayat Muslim)

ps: I read this one this morning

Barley: Good in fever, while use in a soup form.
Dates: The Prophet (SAW) said that a house without dates has no food. It should also be eaten at the time of childbirth.
Figs: It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.
Grapes: The Prophet (SAW) was very fond of grapes – it purifies the blood, provides vigour and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.
Honey: Considered the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water.
Melon: The Prophet (SAW) said: “None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring that is good in countenance and good in character.”
Milk: The Prophet (SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.
Mushroom: The Prophet (SAW) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.
Olive Oil: Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach.
Pomegranate: The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
Vinegar: A food Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to eat with olive oil. [That's now a fashion in elite Italian Restaurants]
Water: The Prophet (SAW) said the best drink in this world is water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver.
So “darood” and praise be upon our beloved Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) who related us with marvelous knowledge, which dazzles the wisest minds. May this information be beneficial to all of us.Insha’Allah.



# 2 WORKING OUT WILL MAKE YOU GREAT INSIDE OUT

-i have a bad knee,it was the outcome of a bad knee injury, i now run like my right leg is shorter than my left, and i cant run as i used to.true story
- mom does not like it when i tell her i go for aerobics, or a jog. she tells me to stick to exercise that does not put pressure on the leg. Mom, you know my passion is to run. I feel free, i feel light, i feel i am on top of the world. But alas, you cant practically feel on top of the world when you cant even run properly right?
- anyway, i thank God that i have a friend who likes to work out as much as i do, because you need a friend to motivate you, and to make sure that each of you dont slack on the exercise. If you really want to have a routine exercise, try find someone who has the same interest in keeping fit.
-My routine used to be daily gym visits, tae kwan do, tae bo, swimming and jogs. But, when i did it everyday, i felt utterly exhausted at the end of the week. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but you have to do things moderately, because when i went to the extreme once, my muscles started to twitch even while i was at rest. true story!
- Now, i try to have a more balanced work out routine, and hope i can find better alternatives that would not hurt my knee. Hmm, after this rainy season:

a) gym on monday
b)swim on tuesday
c)rest on wednesday??
d) tennis or golf sounds fantastic, although dad injured his ligament forever during tennis, and i don't exactly know how to play golf? on thursdays
e)gym again on fridays
f) rest on saturdays??
g) jog on sundays

how does this plan sound??

**ok people, it is time for Nadya to take a bath, (still in the pouring sweat of todays refreshing jog)

** Todays targets=
a) finish my thesis
b) finish my project
c)love myself and the people around me more!








5 comments:

||Aku Pemikir|| said...

awak tuh dah kuruih kak oi...

tak payah la nak diot2 lagik..dah ok dah tu..

slim kerempeng kerengga dah!!

ahakss

nur_aishah said...

NOddy...
Smoga dpt follow the plan..haha..

i did some of it..but it takes time to get the effect..ada juga time langgar pantang

miss u dear..

eat rite.sleep rite.lead ur life to the fullest with healthy sutff..hehe (",)

as i am ~ NADYA~ said...

hellooo..
bknnya plan nak diet, planning to live a healthy lifestyle (which includes no smoking..ehem2)..hehe
ye la,tau la u tu slim..xmcm i..heheh

as i am ~ NADYA~ said...

heyya aish!

miss u too...the people at the gym owez asks about u and alya..hope you are having a great time there, your life seems to be exciting already!

lazystalker said...

i admire the way u plan sth, but to accomplish it, i doubt that.

no offense :)