Monday 20 July 2009

if someone prays....


ive been complaining about my cough for the last month, which was very bad i might add. The reason why my cough continued even more than my other friends who suffered the same episode was that i come from a family who has asthma. The doctor who checked on me the other day told me that even if one does not have asthma, but have family members who do, they will have a prolonged coughing episode...i see~

First of all, i would like to apologize AGAIN for not updating my blog as frequently as i used to. hey, even my room is messy nowadays. argh...

anyway...i was watching evan almighty while half studying with my eyes closed yesterday. Ive watched it before, but had nothing better to do as i sat in front of the idiot box.actually, Evan almighty was found not to be suitable for the muslim audience as it contained scenes nearing to blasphemy and the likes. but then again, theres this saying that goes, take what is good and leave the bad, and that is what i did when i watched this particular movie.

if any of you watched it, you would probably have heard this line that i would like to share with you:

If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?

If they pray for courage, does God give them courage, or does he give them opportunities to be courageous?

If someone prayed for their family to be closer,you think God zaps them with warm, fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other?


it means alot doesnt it, see, i told you not all that is bad IS bad. anyway, that night, after quite some time of not doing so, i opened my Quran and flipped to the last page that i had read before. i had finally reached surah Yaasin after so long, and so that night, i read the verses with a bottle of water in front of me as my habit when reading the quran. (not for any purposes, but just my throat gets parched easily). As i recited the last words one by one, i was getting ready for a bout of cough, and gulped down to the last drop the bottle of water in front of me.

Guess what, until today...my cough which had been torturing me for one month ..has finally gone away as the last droplets of water that night entered my throat. can i say its a miracle, maybe.....

i prayed to God to make me well, i complained to Him not to make me sick, not to burden me especially at this time. I fretted and frowned at every cough, every sneeze, every high temperature. I talked to Him every night before i sleep that if he could just make me well again, i would pray to him with even more zest.everyday i would tell him i would appreciate it very much if he took my painful cough away..and then i stopped to think...

IF I PRAYED TO BE CLOSER TO GOD, DO YOU THINK GOD GIVES ME CLOSENESS....OR DOES HE GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE CLOSE TO HIM~

thats deep~..you see, i have based my whole life on this particular sentence, that everything happens for a reason..no matter how bad that something is..i guess its true..hmm, this is kind of an abrupt entry as im still finding my momentum on blogging! hope you liked this, toodles...and i am coming back to the blogging world! =)

2 comments:

aidaN teewS said...

kak nadya i miss ya!
hehe~ guess what?i got cough as well n x ok yet but i'll stay strong as i know once we sick,it means that Allah loves us. insyaAllah,amin..
i cough until i can't breath,n yup we share something in common again.
i've no asthma but my family has a strong association wif it n maybe my asthmatic gene hasn't been expressed yet.once environment triggers it,there u go!
hehe Dr mmg nk ckp bnda ilmiah je ea? =p
i'd like 2 share something beautiful i love the most so far.

I asked for Strength...
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom...
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity...
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage...
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love...
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favors...
And Allah gave me Opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted,
I received everything I needed!

it's beautiful,isn't it?
subhanallah
=)

Anonymous said...

dear nody,
ur words in this blog is inspiring.thank u :).make me think and open my eyes.Subhanallah.:)